Here are five great leadership perspectives as demonstrated by Pope Francis I and written about in CEO.com.
1. Focus on the Mission – demonstrate daily the purpose of your organization vs. creating policy no one cares about
2. Use Media to Support Your Mission – Be authentic yet use technology to communicate your leadership commitments
3. Reset Context – Rather than telling people what to do, ask others how they might best do it
4. Choose Personnel as Policy – As leaders, we must select key people carefully. Our people will ultimately create the culture and demonstrate the organization’s purpose. Find great character first. Performance should follow
5. Confront Tough Issues – Every organization has challenges. Having the courage to have candid conversations about pressing issues is critical to being a leader with integrity
To read the full article and gain better perspective on Pope Francis’ actions follow this link. Worth the read.