There are hundreds if not thousands of books written every year about how to become a more successful business-to-business revenue generator. Granted every industry is different, however, there are a number of key processes that can be easily followed to achieve desired results.
- Establish Clear Goals –Take the time to clearly identify (in writing) what your specific goals and objectives are for all targeted accounts.
- Correlate Your Goals with the Customer’s – On a scale of 1-5 how do your goals and objectives align with your customer’s known goals and objectives?
- Adjust – Determine how you are going to adapt or adjust your goals with those of your prospective customer.
- Think Beyond the “Buyer” – Clearly understand the key personnel that are important to know. Create relationships throughout the prospective organization. Because there are often many people that participate in the decision making process, building relationships with multiple stakeholders is paramount.
- Informational Interviews – A great way to innocently understand how the customer works, learn where problems exist and how to best position your product or solution is to ask without expectation. Do some digging.
- Understand the Buyer’s Key Performance Indicators – Appreciating how the buyer’s performance is being evaluated is instrumental to best creating a collaborative business proposal.
- Identify the Outcome – What are the two to four identified problems your product will solve for the customer?
- Engage – What are the questions you will ask to engage the buyer in meaningful discussion about these perceived issues?
- Execute – How will your implementation process be handled to optimize mutual benefit and acceptance?
By making the time to do a little investigating and pre-planning, professional sales people can better personalize their communication while building credibility and confidence.
What’s astonishing is how many people “intellectually” understand these simple ideas yet habitually do what they have always done or worse, don’t apply what they know they should be doing.
Relationships matter. Make the time to build relationships while helping your “buyer” and their boss exceed their goals. Good things are sure to follow.
Selling is Everyone’s Business
Collaboration: The Art and Science of Values Based Influence
Supply Chain Management Association
18800 MacArthur Blvd
Irvine, CA 92612
Thursday, August 20, 2015
5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Open to the Public
Boom, Bust, Boom
7 “Lessons” in Leadership and the Art of Strategy Execution
California Human Resource Conference
Anaheim Convention Center
Anaheim, CA 92802
Monday, August 31, 2015
10:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Open to the Public
Tony has produced extraordinary results in diverse business settings for over 25 years. As a fractional CEO, COO or VP Sales, Tony collaborates with business owners, CEOs and executive teams in small to mid-market companies.
Core focus areas include: